1834 TACTICAL is a company dedicated to providing tactical combative training that is practical, effective, and which has been proven repeatedly through incorporation in military, law enforcement, and security agency operations and protocol.
Our system of CQB and weapon use in tactical operations is a hybrid of the following:
- Krav Maga-based hand to hand combatives.
- Acknowledged best practice protocols as utilized in South African and European Special Operations units.
- The incorporation of protocols designed for extreme close combat, such as the C.A.R. system (and similar systems for handgun use).
- Real time feedback and innovation from our own law enforcement and security agency operators.
1834 Tactical is a partner organization with Elite Defence Academy International, South Africa’s largest and most reputable Krav Maga training organization. In addition we also provide training, logistical support, and training program formulation guidelines to EDA Weapons Division, the introductory-level weapons training division of EDA International.
SCOPE OF BUSINESS: TRAINING AND HANDS-ON OPERATIONS
We provide training to, and also provide on-the-ground operational support, to:
- Police special operations units
- Military units
- Executive private security and close protection for international clients, which include multinational mining companies and the United Nations
- Presidential security detail
- High value asset tracking and recovery teams
- Anti-hijack and anti-terror response units
- Armed tactical medical assistance units
For contractual and security reasons, there are also certain areas of training and operational involvement which we may not divulge publicly.
Jacques Alberts is the founder, director, and Chief Instructor of 1834 Tactical.
Jacques has been involved with police and security service operations for more than 20 years, primarily in the roles of special reaction unit operations, and specialized crime operations, in roles which include combating drug syndicates, illegal gold trade, and human trafficking rings.
He is a senior member of Elite Defence Academy International, is a certified Krav Maga instructor, and holds a ranking of Black Belt Level 5 within the EDA International system of Krav Maga.
Jacques personally teaches and oversees each training course, adapting the course content and flow to the skill set and experience level of the participants. Depending on group size, he is occasionally assisted by 1-2 qualified co-instructors who exercise supervision and attend to course safety and training protocol.
Jacques is also a director of StratCon Risk, a strategic risk management group which provides discreet high-level event security, executive close protection, executive VIP personnel or asset-in-transit protection, and asset tracking and retrieval.
Jacques and his team are available for short or medium term assignment globally, by arrangement.
For more information about these services, or to discuss your requirements in confidentiality, please contact Jacques directly.